My wife and I recently purchased a new (somewhat expensive) rug and I have to be honest, we sometimes eat in the living room.
Since wines can spill...
To protect our rug “investment” we purchased Riedel stemless wineglasses.
I am very aware of the arguments against stemless glasses:
1. Holding the glass by the bowl (and not the stem) warms the wine.
2. Fingerprints and palm prints !
However, sometimes, the pros outweigh the cons:
1. No spillage (so far so good).
2. Less breakage- hard to knock over and no stem to break.
3. Fit in all sections of a dishwasher.
4. Stackable for efficient cabinet storage
5. Easier to transport to wine tastings/events.
6. Excellent value.
Riedel value pack– Buy 6 get 8 Cabernet/Merlot glasses are suitable for both reds and whites! $75. When purchased with 20% Coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond- $60 for 8- $7.50 per glass.
Another great option if you want a functional, durable wine glass with stem: Riedel Overture Magnum has a short stem but a full size bowl.
What is your favorite glass?